1. Changes to this Website Privacy Statement
Prism Power Group reserves the right to modify this Website Privacy Statement as needed, for example, to comply with changes in laws, regulations, Prism Power Group practices and procedures. Prism Power Group will inform individuals of Prism Power Group who are impacted by changes in this Statement. Prism Power Group will publish new versions to this website when changes are made.
2. Why do we have a Website Privacy Statement?
Prism Power Group is committed to protecting your privacy and your personal information. This Website Privacy Statement informs you of our privacy practices relating to our marketing activities and how your personal information is managed and protected. Prism Power Group strongly supports the fundamental rights to privacy and data protection as well as compliance with national and international privacy laws. This Website Privacy Statement describes how Prism Power Group processes and protects the personal information of individuals who use our websites and other digital content, as well as in the context of our offline marketing activities.
3. What is the Scope of this Website Privacy Statement?
Prism Power Group is a UK company that trades globally and this Website Privacy Statement applies to all Prism Power Group data processing activities relating to our marketing content (e.g. websites, newsletters, advertising, communication) worldwide. The controllers of Prism Power Group's Website data processing activities are located at its Head Office – Prism Power Group, Caxton Court, Caxton Way, Watford Business Park, Watford, Hertfordshire WD18 8RH. Marketing Manager, Lesley Hall and Finance Director, Richard Hogg. This Website Privacy Statement binds all Prism Power Group employees.
4. Why Do We Collect and Use Personal Information?
We use your personal information for various purposes including to fulfil your orders and requests, to manage our relationship, conduct surveys, improve our products, services, online content as well as your user journey, manage your account, analyse the activities on our websites, run our marketing activities, provide you with contextual and targeted advertising, ensure the security of our activities, protect against fraud and, more generally, run our business activities. Our primary goal in collecting information is to provide our customers and other users with superior service and a smooth, efficient and personalised experience while using our digital content. Prism Power Group collects personal information for the following purposes:
- To fulfil and manage orders of products, services and digital content. We collect this information to deliver your order, to obtain payment, to communicate with you about the status of your order and for contract management purposes.
- To process job applications from candidates.
- To address your requests for information. If you contact us, we keep a record of your correspondence or comments, including personal information, in a file specific to you. We use this information to help us provide you better service in the event you contact us again.
- To provide you with the technical support you request from us. Personal information is necessary to identify your systems, understand the configuration of the products, diagnose your questions, and provide solutions.
- For relationship management purposes. It includes communicating with you about the products, services and digital content you have acquired to ensure you use them in the best way possible, including via emails and newsletters.
- To conduct surveys and polls. We collect personal information from individuals who volunteer to complete surveys or participate in polls. We use this information to get to know you better, measure satisfaction and improve our products, services and digital content.
- To improve our products, services and digital content; for instance we analyse the use of our applications and sites in order to identify areas and functionalities where users have difficulties and we redesign them.
- To manage your account. When you register, we use your personal information to give you access to digital content and our services, authenticate you and interact with you about it.
- To run our promotional activities: we collect personal information from you when you join a promotional activity. We use this information to administer the activity and to send you relevant emails about the promotion and activity.
- To send you marketing information by mail, phone, email and electronic communications about promotions, news and new products or services that we think may be of interest to you in compliance with applicable opt-in and opt-out requirements.
- To provide you banners, videos, emails and any other advertising format, with certain communications and/or targeted advertising about our products and services (or of our subsidiaries). For instance:
· the digital content;
· third-party websites or apps that have no link to our digital content. The advertising on these third-party websites may include advertising about Prism Power Group.
Please see our Cookie Notice to manage your options.
- To ensure the security of our products, services and digital content of our activities and of others, for the protection against fraud and the compliance with our terms and conditions and this Privacy Statement. We may also investigate potential breaches.
- To enable or administer our business, such as for quality control and consolidated reporting.
- For business continuity and disaster recovery. - Any other purpose otherwise conveyed to you.
5. What Types of Personal Information Do We Process?
Prism Power Group processes various types of personal information including identity and contact related information, professional related information, information about your preferences, your interactions with us, online traffic data and the content you provide us. In most instances this information is obtained from you. We also gather information from third party partners such as online directories, profiles, advertising channels and social networks. Personal information (also called personal data) is any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual. An identifiable individual is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier or to one or more factors specific to his physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity. The types of personal information we process about you may include:
• identity and contact related information, such as your name, company, email address, phone number, photo, age range, contact addresses
• professional related information, such as customer type, job function, job title, purchasing authority, purchasing timeframe; acquisition and use of Prism Power Group products, services and digital content; or if you are a job candidate your educational, professional and employment background
• your preferences such as product and service preferences, contact preferences, marketing preferences, and as a job candidate your job interests
• your interactions with us such as your queries, orders, claims, survey answers
• online traffic data such as IP address, device and system identifiers, referring website, type of browser used, consulted content and location, based either on your IP address or on information transmitted by your mobile device.
• content that you have provided via online forums or otherwise (see section 5 “Your Content” below).
You will be required to provide some personal information to benefit from digital content. We will indicate it as the case may be. If you do not provide this information, you may not enjoy all or part of such digital content. This Website Privacy Statement does not cover personal information rendered anonymous, that is, if individuals are no longer identifiable or are identifiable only with a disproportionately large expense in time, cost, or labour. If anonymised data becomes identifiable, then this Privacy Statement shall apply. In most instances we collect this information directly from you or your employer who has a business relationship with us. We may also obtain information through a reseller or a business partner, by purchasing customer lists from marketing agencies, from your online browsing experience, from social networks when you connect with these network’s credentials and through Cookies (see our Cookie Notice). You may obtain more precise information on the third-party source of personal information (if any) by contacting us at the email address indicated in section 9.
6. Your Content
You may have occasion to contribute content, including photos or comments, to online forums, applications or other digital platforms operated by Prism Power Group. Your content must be harmless. It must respect the rights and interests of others. You need to have obtained consent before sharing someone else’s data. You should apply caution before sharing information on the forum. The content you provide us with must respect the rights and interests of others, including their rights to the protection of personal information and privacy. It should not be offensive, disrespectful or harmful in any way. If you provide us with information about another person, you confirm that you have first obtained their consent to the processing of their personal information, including sensitive personal information, and that you have informed them of our identity and the purposes (as set out above) for which their personal information will be processed. While Prism Power Group strives to protect your personal information, providing it online on a shared forum is not risk-free. If you post, comment, indicate interest, or share personal information, including photographs, to any forum, social network, blog, or other such forum, please be aware that any personal information you submit can be read, viewed, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to contact you, send you unsolicited messages, or for purposes that neither you nor Prism Power Group have control over. Prism Power Group is not responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these forums. You should apply caution before deciding to share information about yourself or another person.
7. Who Do We Share Personal Information With?
We share personal information internally with the Prism Power Group management team and the service providers involved in our marketing and sales activities. We believe that it is in our legitimate interest as well as in your interest that we share your personal information with on a need to know basis to carry out the marketing data processing activities described in this Privacy Statement, for example for customer relationship management, sales or product support, marketing, product development purposes, improvement of the products, services and digital content, data quality checks, or security, regulatory and compliance purposes. We use service providers to carry out some data processing activities and provide our products, services and online content to you. These service providers include, without limitation, providers of hosting facilities, information systems, marketing agencies, IT support, lawyers and auditors. We also share the information as follows:
• In connection with the provision of advertising, we may share some limited personal information (e.g. device identifiers, Cookie identifiers) with ad exchanges or agencies that manage advertising on third-party websites and apps on which you may see advertising.
• Where required by law or court orders or in order to protect our legal rights, we will disclose your personal information to government agencies, regulators and competent authorities.
• In other ways described in this Privacy Statement or to which you have otherwise consented.
• In the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations).
We will not sell or rent your personal information to a third party without your permission.
8. How Do We Protect Your Personal Information?
Prism Power Group complies with widely recognised key data protection principles (fairness, purpose limitation, data quality, data retention, compliance with individuals’ rights, security) and takes reasonable measures for the security of personal information. Prism Power Group respects the privacy rights and interests of individuals and will observe the following principles when processing your personal information:
1. Processing personal information fairly and lawfully.
2. Collecting personal information for specified, legitimate purposes and not processing it further in ways incompatible with those purposes.
3. Collecting personal information which is relevant to and not excessive for the purposes for which it is collected and used. We may render information anonymous when feasible and appropriate, depending on the nature of the data and the risks associated with the intended uses.
4. Maintaining accurate personal information and, where necessary, keeping it up-to-date. We will take reasonable steps to rectify or delete information that is inaccurate or incomplete.
5. Keeping personal information only as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected and processed.
6. Processing personal information in accordance with individuals’ legal rights.
7. Taking appropriate technical, physical, and organisational measures to prevent unauthorised access, unlawful processing, and unauthorised or accidental loss, destruction, or damage to personal information.
8. When processing sensitive personal information, ensuring appropriate notice and consent or that the processing otherwise complies with applicable law. Prism Power Group is committed to taking commercially reasonable technical, physical, and organisational measures to protect personal information against unauthorised access, unlawful processing, accidental loss or damage, and unauthorised destruction.
We implement access control measures for our internal systems that hold personal information. Authorised users are given access to such systems through the use of a unique identifier and password. Access to personal information is provided to our staff for the sole purpose of performing their job duties. We sensitise our employees on proper use and handling of personal information. Our service providers are also required to maintain security measures similar to ours. By using our digital content or providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically or otherwise about related security, privacy, use and administrative issues. In spite of our efforts to implement appropriate security measures, online browsing carries inherent risks and we cannot guarantee that it is risk-free.
9. Third-Party and Social Media Websites
10. What Are Your Rights?
You can request access to your personal information and request it to be amended or deleted if inaccurate. You can always object to direct marketing. Prism Power Group will comply with your rights to access and correct your personal information. You may inquire as to the nature of the personal information stored or processed about you by Prism Power Group and you will be given access to your personal information. If personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you may request that it be amended. Requests may be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org You always have the right to object to our marketing communications. Your prior consent is sought when required by applicable law. To opt-out of emails, simply use the functionality provided at the bottom of any email we send you.
11. Important Information for Individuals in the EEA
If you are located in the EEA, Prism Power Group also complies with GDPR specific requirements.
11.1 What Legal Grounds is Prism Power Group Relying on to Use Personal Information?
The use of personal information is necessary, with respect to the purposes mentioned in section 3 above, to, respectively:
• Perform the contract entered into between Prism Power Group and you in the context of the use of our products, services or marketing content. The performance of the contract includes knowing who you are, and your specialty and interacting with you for its performance. It also includes addressing your requests for information, support, your job applications, managing your accounts and your enrolment into our programmes and ensuring compliance with the terms and conditions and with this Privacy Statement.
• Comply with legal obligations to which we are subject. For instance requests by competent regulatory bodies and authorities.
• When it comes to:
Surveys, some are carried out in our legitimate interest because they are to measure your satisfaction with services you requested from us. For other surveys we will request your consent. You will always be free not to respond;
Providing you with marketing communications and interest-based advertising, these activities carried out by us and by our subsidiaries are in our legitimate interests. We will always provide you a possibility to opt out and we will seek your prior consent, where required by applicable law;
Using location data transmitted by your mobile device, we will seek your prior consent, where required by applicable law.
We may also process your personal information for the purposes of our legitimate interests provided that such processing shall not outweigh your rights and freedoms, in particular to:
• Protect you, us or others from threats (such as security threats or fraud),
• Comply with the laws that are applicable to us around the world,
• Improve our products, services and digital content,
• Perform profiling to provide targeted content and interest-based advertising,
• Understand and improve our online activities, our business, our customer basis and relationships in general.
• Enable or administer our business, such as for quality control and consolidated reporting.
• Manage corporate transactions, such as mergers or acquisitions.
10.2 Do We use Profiling and Make Automated Decisions About You?
We may use profiling to provide you with online content which we believe corresponds to your interests. We combine registration information, such as your work specialty and information about your online activity (i.e. the content you seem to enjoy most) to know you better and provide you with online content corresponding to your profile. We will not make automated decisions about you that may significantly affect you, unless (1) the decision is necessary as part of a contract that we have with you, (2) we have your explicit consent, or (3) we are required by law to use the technology. In this case, due notice will be provided. - The duration of our relationship (e.g. contract performance duration, account de-activation, your legitimate need to be recognised when you contact us) - Legal requirements for keeping data - Statute of limitations
10.3 How Long Will Personal Information Be Retained?
We will retain your personal information for as long as the information is needed for the purposes set forth in this Website Privacy Statement and for any additional period that may be required or permitted by law. In general, data retention periods are determined taking into consideration:
• The duration of our relationship (e.g. contract performance duration, account de-activation, your legitimate need to be recognised when you contact us)
• Legal requirements for keeping data
• Statute of limitations
10.4 What Are Your Additional Rights?
In addition to the rights provided in section 9 above, you may ask us to erase, restrict or port your personal information and object to the use of your personal information. When marketing data processing is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by sending a request to the following email address: email@example.com.
10.5 Where Can You Ask Questions and File a Claim?
Questions or comments about the Prism Power Group marketing data privacy practices or this Website Privacy Statement can be addressed to the Marketing Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that Prism Power Group has processed your personal information in violation of applicable law or of this Privacy Statement, you may file a complaint with a supervisory authority.